Protect Training Courses with DRM Security
Training course copy protection and control
Safeguard PDF Security can speed up the time getting your training courses to market and ensure your revenue is protected at all times. By offering training course protection for a wide range of devices and operating systems, Locklizard ensures your confidential information and intellectual property is protected regardless of where it is accessed from or where it is stored. Using US Government strength encryption and DRM controls you control who can access your content (prevent sharing and unauthorized distribution), what users can do with it, the locations it can be used from, and how long it can be used.
From preserving copyright and revenue streams to sharing files securely with remote faculty members, the reasons for implementing Safeguard document security to protect training courses and educational documents is obvious.
Training courses are very expensive to create and update. They can often contain proprietary information or methods or know how. They always contain the expertise of experienced instructors who have specialised in how to present very complex information in ways that make it easy to understand and quick to learn. And increasingly, with the requirements of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) in all the professions, training courses have to be taken.
Training courses are delivered very flexibly. Printed manuals are expensive, easily lost in the post and have a long lead time. Also, many courses are delivered under license, so instructors may have to carry large blocks of paper around. And in some cases, courses are given using the Internet to connect students to the instructor.
‘Going Digital’ with training courses is not technically difficult. Presentation slides can be converted to PDF so they are consistent when viewed, and presenters and course notes can also be moved to that format readily today. But a training course is not just a single document. It is a whole family of documents. And each document has different controls needed.
Here the Locklizard construct of the Publication is very valuable. A complete course of training documents can be assigned to a single publication, but at the same time the controls on each document can be different. This simplifies the course provider’s administration because they just allocate access to the publication (course) to their students or trainers, and Locklizard take care of the rest. And you can allow users to print documents with or without watermarks, so course notes maybe do not need protecting with watermarks, but copies of slides probably do need watermarks because nobody wants to have their name all over pirated documents.
Locklizard also have a range of controls to help prevent the easiest forms of copying, such as Print Screen and detecting common screen grabbers such as Snagit, and covering over the Viewer window when it is not in focus. There are controls available to set start and stop view dates so that courses can only be used by users for a finite length of time. Also, you can dynamically cease access to presenters and users if they are not behaving correctly or are repeatedly trying to license unauthorised devices or make printed copies.
The Safeguard implementation guide for Training Course Providers addresses how training course providers can use Locklizard controls to simplify the creation of training course materials, and makes suggestions about how to simplify your administration for delivering courses direct to end customers or to instructors.
Protecting Training Course content
Safeguard PDF Security enables you to securely deliver training courses to students both online and offline:
- Training courses are automatically secured against unauthorized misuse (being passed to others for free, or being copied or printed without permission).
- Control how, and how long they are used – make course content available for a specified period of time (ensure outdated content is no longer available), and revoke access instantly if you think courses are being misused.
- Users can subscribe to a course and they will automatically be able to use all course content (multiple PDF files) without you having to give them access to each individual file.
- Disallow printing of course material, allow unlimited printing, or just a limited number of copies.
- If you want to allow printing then watermarks with user details (name, email, etc.) can be dynamically applied at print time to identify the source if a photocopy is made.
- Easy integration with any LMS (Learning Management System) – protected PDF files are just like any other document in the LMS.
- Track document usage – see what training course material was viewed and printed by whom and when.
- Lock usage to specific countries and IP addresses or ranges to prevent training course material being used in unauthorized locations.
- Stops screen grabbing software and printing to file drivers (XPS, PDF, etc.) unlike many other document security systems.
- Works with all major Operating Systems and devices – users can install a Viewer on a device or view protected training course content in the browser.
- Truly portable – our unique offline USB security solution enables you to protect training courses to a USB stick that can be carried around with the student and plugged into any Windows computer.
- NO insecure passwords, plugins or temporary files to worry about or manage.
Whether you provide digital training courses (online or offline), certification programs, diploma and test preparation programs, professional resources, or share files remotely with faculty members, Safeguard PDF Security provides the ultimate in training course protection and educational content security – protect your IPR and revenue streams no matter where your content resides.