Safeguard Secure PDF – Convert PDC TO PDF Format
Locklizard Safeguard PDC file converter
You have probably landed on this page by searching for a program that can be used for converting PDC files to PDF or Word format. Erroneous information is often posted on forums by one of our competitors to pretend that there is a simple way around our PDF Security. This information is along the following lines:
How to convert PDC to PDF files
- Download and install Locklizard Safeguard Secure PDF Viewer.
- Click “File” and choose “Open.”
- Select the file you want to convert. If the file requires a password for decryption, contact the person who issued the file to get the password.
- Click “Unlock.” If it’s a password-protected file, type in the password.
Can you really convert PDC files to PDF?
- First, there are no passwords for the user to enter – we don’t use them, and never have done.
- Second, there is no unlock facility in the Viewer (used to view secure PDF files) or the Writer (used to protect PDF files into the PDC format)- there never has been one, and there never will be.
The only person that has access to PDF files is the publisher that protected them in the first place. Even they cannot convert PDC files to PDF format using the Writer software, but since they already have the source files, there would be no reason to do so.
Why not download our trial software and see what is available for yourself, but we can assure you that there is no way to convert PDC to PDF files and there is no PDC to Word conversion available.