Prevent copying and printing of web content with Locklizard Protector Web Content Security version 2 – new GUI, admin functionality and expiry options
Lizard Protector web content security without passwords
Date: January 12th 2009
For over two years, Locklizard Protector Web Content Security has delivered unbeaten intranet, extranet and web portal protection without the need for vulnerable and easily forgotten passwords. No other software on the market protects web content with DRM controls and without the use of passwords.
Locklizard Protector Web Content Security only ever decrypts DRM protected content to memory – there are no temporary files. Decryption keys are only ever delivered to authorized users via a secure mechanism and stored encrypted in a keystore that is locked to individual users computers. There are no passwords for users to enter, manage, pass on to others, or forget.
As the web becomes more of a pay for information platform for quality content, protecting web-based content is even more important. Which is why Locklizard are introducing Protector Web Content Security version 2.
As before, the system is customisable and flexible, with a choice of hosting options and full ecommerce integration. It’s also easy to use – it can be up and running in five minutes.
With this latest release, users can enjoy even greater protection, power, security and flexibility. In addition, the overall system has been improved to handle viewing of content over the web, rather than simply for distribution on CD.
New DRM and functionality features include:
- A tabbed graphical user interface (GUI), making it much easier to protect content.
- Previous protection settings stored for when the GUI is next opened for ease of use.
- The ability to resize the viewer window and enforce this setting – useful for elearning companies that want to present their material in a set way.
- New content expiry options – after a number of days, or after a number of views – perfect for anyone selling time limited information or offering free trials of web-based content.
- File extension information added to DRM protected files – publishers can see at a glance the protection settings they have applied to each file.
- The facility to remove Writer and Viewer keystores for maintenance purposes.
- Opening of the Viewer software directly from Internet Explorer once a protected link is invoked.
System administration has also been updated for extra convenience and flexibility:
- Publishers can opt to receive copies of licence file emails sent to their customers.
- Licence files are now sent out using the user’s name as the filename. This makes it easy to identify who a licence file belongs to.
- Flexible customer licence delivery – licence files can be delivered over the web for instant download rather than by email.
- The ability to change the number of prints/views even after content has been published – saves having to re-publish content to grant additional rights.
- Data can be exported for use in CMS or accounts systems.
- Specific product records can be easily found with a new search facility.
Locklizard Protector web content security controls the use of a wide range of file types – HTML, HTM, JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG, TXT, CSV, SWF (Flash). It even has built-in PDF to HTML and DOC to HTML converters so that you can protect your existing PDF and Word documents too.
Those who can benefit from Lock Lizard Protector Web Content Security include:
- elearning and online training course providers, or anyone selling web-based content.
- Administrators of websites, intranets, extranets and portals who want to control content sharing.
- Designers, artists and architects who need to protect their intellectual property rights.
Locklizard Protector web content security entry level pricing is just $3495 for a subscription license, with perpetual and own server licenses available. More information can be found at Locklizard Protector Web Content Security overview.
About Locklizard Protector Web Content Security
Locklizard Protector Web Content Security provides the latest web content security with Digital Rights Management (DRM) controls and US Government strength, AES 256 bit, encryption. It protects both the displayed page and the underlying html code from copying, modifying, screen grabbing, saving and distribution. In addition the IPR owner can control whether users can print protected web content, and, if so, how many times. Controls check how the content is used, by whom, for how long, and what can be done with it.
Locklizard produce document security, copy protection, and content encryption products that use DRM (digital rights management) controls to protect your intellectual property from unauthorized use and misuse. Our DRM products prevent copying, printing, and sharing of information without the use of insecure passwords.