Safeguard PDF Portable released – PDF USB Security
View PDF files with DRM without any software
Date: October 25th, 2012
Locklizard are pleased to announce the launch of their latest product – Safeguard PDF Portable on the USB, adding a new dimension to PDF Security – zero installation security.
This approach offers both publishers and users novel and significant flexibility in distributing and using DRM controlled documents. Publishers are not tied in to any USB manufacturer, device copier or particular type of USB stick. Publishers can choose to load collections onto USB devices and issue licenses piecemeal, or even issue new documents that the user can add to the USB and then obtain a license. Users are now not tied to using a particular computer, and documents may be used offline where that is allowed. Safeguard PDF Portable is available immediately as an additional option to the Locklizard Safeguard 3.x and Enterprise 4.x product ranges.
Benefits for publishers and users include:
- USB sticks may be pre-loaded with authorized documents or just the Viewer software;
- USB sticks may be pre-loaded with whole libraries but contents licensed piecemeal;
- Possession of the token (the USB stick) is the grant of rights, so the token may be lent or re-sold just like an ordinary book (where the contents are tied to the USB);
- USB documents can be controlled in both online and offline modes;
- Additional documents may be added to USB sticks online;
- Publishers can set up ‘standard’ contents lists for USB sticks, and create multiple USBs on-the-fly;
- Locking PDFs to a memory stick is simple since existing PDC controls are maintained on documents secured to USB sticks;
- There does not have to be a pre-established link between the publisher and the user or customer, the publisher can create and issue secured USB content without having to create a customer first;
- Viewer application and keystore are pre-loaded so nothing is installed on the recipient PC – no firewall issues or Internet connections to worry about;
- Existing customers can also be extended to use Safeguard PDF Portable quickly and easily;
- The full strength of secured PDF documents without the complications;
- You may source USB devices from any supplier and use them with any USB output;
- Since users view secure PDFs on a USB memory stick they may use protected PDF documents on any PC they plug the USB device into;
- Users may password protect access to the USB device to prevent others from using it.
For further information see Safeguard PDF Portable USB Security.