- Monthly – payable every month
- Annual – payable every year plus any additional add-ons
- Perpetual – payable once only including any additional add-ons (excluding Web Publisher)
Regardless of the license you choose, there is one fixed price – there is no limit on the number of documents you can protect or the number of users that view them.
Which license is right for me?
The most important question for choosing a license is, “How long are you expecting to use the Locklizard solution?”
If you have a short term need, for example:
- protecting due diligence info for a merger or acquisition
- want to carry out an extended evaluation
- require secure document distribution for a 3 month project
or you just prefer a ‘pay as you go’ match to your sales business model, then the monthly agreement is for you. You can be up and running in under 5 minutes and support is built in to the solution. You can transfer to annual or perpetual licenses at a later date if you wish. And unlike other DRM companies we don’t lock you in for a minimum 1 year contract – you only pay for the months you need.
If your need is longer term but cash flow says you want to fix your costs in each year, or maybe you do not want to acquire an ‘asset’ because that has accounting implications, then a 1 year license is for you. Less expensive than 12 monthly license payments, it fixes your costs for a whole year and gives you certainty.
Any add-ons you purchase (ecommerce, command line, etc.) are also payable annually.
If you expect to use Locklizard for more than eighteen months you should be looking at the perpetual license. It equates to two annual license costs, and you pay just once for additional options (excluding Web Publisher which is an annual fee), so it is a really good price considering the only additional costs are hosting after year 1, and support if required.
This is the most popular license chosen by our customers. Locklizard does the Admin hosting and you are up and running in under 5 minutes.
Own Server license
This is for customers who have specific security requirements, or reporting needs. These can include requiring a specific backup cycle or needing to run the system on internal servers and networks purely for internal use. To meet these requirements you should choose the ‘own server’ license. Obviously you cannot go live quite as quickly as with the other options, but Locklizard can provide an ESD installation service if you are in a hurry.
- Choosing this license means you can manage the MySQL database and derive any reports you wish from the underlying data.
- We will provide you with the necessary files and documentation for you to install, or we can perform a remote installation for you at extra cost.
- Customer own server installations are provided with UNLIMITED Writer licenses.
Advantages/disadvantages of own server hosting vs hosting on Locklizard servers
All licenses allow you to create and manage as many users/customers and files as you wish, so there are no ‘shocks’ if your requirements increase above plan.
Three Writer (Administrator) licenses which enable you to protect files are included with the Locklizard hosted solutions. So three administrators can protect files from three different computers. You can purchase additional licenses as and when you require them. Own server solutions come with unlimited Writer licenses.