PDF Enterprise Rights Management with Digital DRM
Enterprise PDF DRM Security delivers enterprise rights management for pdf documents. It is designed for the larger publisher or a corporate enterprise that needs to handle very large numbers of secure PDF documents, users, and publications.
Enterprise rights management has all the functionality of Safeguard PDF Security (preventing pdf copying, sharing, printing, screenshots, providing document expiry, dynamic watermarks, etc.) but with many additional pdf security, customization, and administration features. It provides digital DRM protection without passwords, and enables publishers to track how their documents are being used.
With Enterprise you can log system, user, and document activity and events (e.g. when a document is viewed or printed) and generate reports, view statistics (e.g. how many users are registered), apply batch changes (e.g. grant all users access to a document or publication in one go), and suspend documents to enforce specific document start times and usage. You can even control the locations from where your secure PDF documents are viewed (e.g. office only) to prevent sensitive documents from being taken outside your organization. User records are editable and support descriptions and notes.
For publishers selling subscription services, Enterprise rights management enables you to manage your subscription base effortlessly by providing individual publication expiry on a per user basis. You can choose to display a custom document expiry message or cause redirection to a URL of your choice when or before a document expires (e.g. 5 days before document expiry, to give users ample time to renew their subscriptions).
The ecommerce interface enables full automation between your web sales process(es) (payment system) and issuing of licenses and document authorizations, provides additional commands to automate the majority of administration system functions. These actions can be performed on multiple users, documents and publications.
Enterprise Rights Management for PDF Documents
Enterprise rights management offers the same easy to use GUI application as Safeguard PDF Security to create secure PDF files but with additional functionality to customize expiry and splash screen functions, and enable auditing of document views and prints.
The following extra digital DRM security and customization options are available when protecting PDF documents.
- Welcome message URL
- Customizable expiry message or navigate users to a URL
- Display the expiry message/URL n days before a document expires
- Navigate users to a URL on unauthorized use
- Specify for how long the document splash screen is displayed
- Check document validity after n days and then never again
- Check document validity when an Internet connection is available
- Grace period of n days for a forced Internet connection
- Log document views
- Log document prints
- Document notes
As with Safeguard PDF Security, you can use the secure PDF Command Line Encryption utility to batch protect PDF files without user intervention. This also provides quick and simple integration into your existing web based applications and .NET code (where PDF DRM encryption is required on-the-fly) without the need to use an API.
Enterprise Rights Management Administration System
The Enterprise administration system has been created specifically for ease-of-use by large publishers and enterprises needing to manage a significant number of users, documents and publications. Administrators can batch change information (e.g. add an additional license to every user), or perform actions on multiple users, documents, and publications. Advanced search and sort features (e.g. just show all expired documents), statistics, auditing and reports, ensure all important administration data is readily available for viewing, printing, exporting, and saving.
The following extra digital DRM security and customization options are available when administering users, documents and publications.
- Document Auditing - prints and views
- Batch changes (system wide) for simpler administration
- Restrict document use to a specific location (IP address or range of IP addresses). This can be applied on a global and on a per user basis - so for example, you can restrict use to just your company yet also allow selected outsiders to view your secure documents if you so choose)
- License transfer - suspend and enable individual user licenses (so if a user registers on Computer A, then requests a new license because they say they are no longer using Computer A, you can deactivate this license and their viewing of documents on that computer)
- Reports (users, documents, publications)
- System backup and restore
- Additional ecommerce commands
| || |