How to open PDC files or documents protected with LockLizard DRM Software
You have been redirected to this page because you indicated that you were trying to open a PDC file that is protected by LockLizard.
- To open a PDC document you need a license from the Publisher - only they can issue this.
- The Publisher is the company who sent you the protected document (PDC file), or is who you purchased the protected document from.
- The Publisher will have sent you a license email so that you can open their protected PDC documents.
- Check your email to see if you received the license email from the Publisher. The license email contains usage instructions for opening protected documents (PDC files) and your license information. It should look something like this:
- Before contacting the Publisher of the protected document (.pdc file) for your license email, check your spam folder, as sometimes license emails get marked as spam due to the attached zip file.
- Some companies strip incoming email attachments, so if no license file is attached to the email and no link to the license file is provided, then you may have to ask the Publisher for your license file link.
- If you have not received your license email then contact the Publisher.
If you have received your license email then follow the instructions provided
- Download and install the secure Viewer software.
- Double-click on the license file (.llv file) in your email application and select 'Open It' to register.
Once you have registered the your license you can then double-click on a .pdc file in Windows File Explorer (Windows), or on Mac, double click on a .pdc file. The protected document (PDC file) will then open in the Viewer software as shown below.
WANT TO CHECK IT'S WORKING?
You can check that the Viewer is successfully installed by clicking on the sample license and protected document below:
1. Download and install the Viewer software (if you have not already done so).
2. Click on the sample license to register.
3. Click on the protected document to open it.
If the license won't install or the document does not open then visit our Knowledge Base for a resolution.
DON'T WANT TO INSTALL A VIEWER?
If you don't want to install a Viewer then ask your Publisher if they support our Zero Installation Viewer.
It is preloaded onto and runs directly from a USB stick along with your protected documents on any Windows PC.