Locklizard announces new DRM management to Safeguard PDF security
PDF document security software with DRM controls
Date: October 15th 2007
Locklizard have released further improvements to their Safeguard PDF DRM security software.
New facilities include an improved administration system with data export options, a document search facility, and the ability to determine how many records are displayed per page.
Safeguard PDF DRM Writer has been updated to disallow use of the Safeguard viewer in Mac OS environments, and additional secure watermarking features have been added.
Administration system improvements
- Data Export.
We have added an export capability to the Administration system, allowing you to be able to analyse information stored in the database in a spreadsheet or similar application system instead of having to process results from the manual GUI interface. With this update it is possible to export and download data about customers, documents and publications in the popular .csv format.
- Document Search facility.
We have added a search facility to the documents section so that you can now see at a glance which documents have expired, which documents will expire on a given date, and which documents belong to specific publications. Documents can of course be searched for by name, including the use of wildcard characters.
- Number of records that show per page.
You can now select from either 25, 100, 150, and All for the number of document and customer records you would like displayed per page when managing documents or customers. This makes it much quicker to find the records you are looking for.
- Support of Documents in CSV file.
You can now specify documents you would like to assign to users added by the CSV import process, as well as publications. You can also specify the start and end dates for the documents added in this way.
- Improved menu structure.
The layout of the menu system in the manual GUI interface has been improved and is now displayed in a more logical manner. Activities shown in the left hand panel of the screen are now grouped under headings.
Safeguard PDF DRM Writer improvements
- Safeguard in the Macintosh environment.
Because the Macintosh environment does not lend itself to higher security requirements (the open design of the platform makes it very difficult to verify printer drivers or manipulate video memory and so on) we have introduced a new Writer protection option – Disallow use on Macintosh Operating Systems.
- Watermarking Additions:
- Watermark Text Transparency feature – You can now decide on the level of transparency you would like to use for watermark text.
- Company variable for user – The user’ s company name can now be chosen as one of the system variables to display in watermark text.
- Support for PNG files – Images of type PNG format are now supported for watermark images. This may be useful for publishers transferring from the print environment.
- Watermark image preview – When browsing for watermark images to import, a preview panel is now displayed showing you the image you have selected. This allows you to verify the image you have selected before proceeding to publish a document.
About Locklizard Safeguard PDF Security
Lock Lizard Safeguard PDF Security provides PDF document security with Digital Rights Management (DRM) controls and US Government strength AES 256 bit encryption. It protects PDF documents from copying, modifying, saving and distribution. In addition the IPR owner can control whether users can print protected PDF documents, and if so, how many times. Controls check how documents are used, by whom, for how long, and what can be done with them.
Locklizard is a DRM company that produces high quality, US government strength content encryption and copy protection products that use digital rights management (DRM) controls to protect your intellectual property from unauthorized use and misuse.