Locklizard Safeguard PDF Security version 2.6 released – new GUI and admin functionality
PDF DRM security for PDF document protection
Date: July 2nd 2007
Locklizard Safeguard PDF Security, version 2.6, is the latest offering of Lock Lizard’s secure PDF document protection software.
New features include:
- A totally re-designed secure PDF Writer GUI, offering a simple tabbed dialog.
- The ability to change the account password – useful if administrators leave your company or laptops are stolen.
- Support for offline publications. This option is particularly helpful if you publish hundreds of documents to a CD but only want to require the user to connect to the server once to retrieve a single decryption key for the whole publication. This may be because they need to be able to use the publication contents when an Internet connection is not available (or for security reasons Internet access is not available to them) and the Viewer cannot readily download each separate decryption key (as would happen under the normal publication system).
- Enhanced screen grabber protection. A new checkbox has been added which enables you to prevent all screen grabbers taking screen shots of your documents.
- New server administration controls include the ability to change the number of prints and/or views allowed after a secure PDF document has been published.
- The secure PDF viewer software has also been updated with a slicker interface and new installation options for corporate environments.
About Locklizard Safeguard PDF Security
Locklizard Safeguard PDF Security provides pdf document security with Digital Rights Management (DRM) controls and US Government strength AES 256 bit encryption. It protects PDF documents from copying, modifying, saving and distribution. In addition the IPR owner can control whether users can print protected PDF documents, and if so, how many times. Controls check how documents are used, by whom, for how long, and what can be done with them.
Locklizard is a DRM company. Locklizard produces high quality, US government strength content encryption and copy protection products that use digital rights management (DRM) controls to protect your intellectual property from unauthorized use and misuse.